Monday, October 11, 2010

Take a Bite of My Heart

Hey hey!

What's shakin, bacon? Before I get too far into this puppy, I have to let you know about my most recent obsession.


That song has bitten hard, and won't let go. I listen to it all the time, for no good reason. I just really like it.

So it's been a couple weeks since the Mary, and my back has hurt (constantly) since then. I don't know what the deal is. It's like my vertebrae are compacted and my muscles refuse to loosen up, no matter what kinds of stretches I do.

Speaking of stretches, Half Pint (a yogi-wannabe) suggested I try Happy Baby Pose to stretch out my back. All I could do was laugh. What's Happy Baby Pose, you ask? Well, let me show you.
...my thoughts exactly. So yoga for Michael is....a work in progress. To be continued...

In other news, Modge fixed up some steak and baked potatoes tonight. Holy delicious. Unfortunately, I wasn't monitoring steak progress well enough, and instead of a nice healthy pink medium, I ended up with a slightly overdone medium-well. Oh well. Still fantastic. And let's talk about the potato. When I eat baked potatoes, I go all out. I mean, this puppy has butter, sour cream, chives, bacon AND cheese. And 54,000 times the daily recommended value of table salt. But hey, at least I won't get a goiter! (Five points if you know why that is.)


Remember how last time I said something about Food, Inc. being on my Netflix queue? Yeah, about that. Still haven't watched it. I haven't watched much of anything, actually. I've been reading a lot, lately. Like, all 7 of the HP books and re-read the Twilight saga. (I KNOW, I KNOW. SHUT UP.) I need new books. I'm so tired of re-reading everything. Well, except for the HP books. I read those puppies intentionally in preparation for November 19. HPDH, part one. Color me nerdy. And excited. And I'm wearing a costume. Shut up right now, I don't want to hear it. It was Half Pint's idea. And now she wants to back out. What a flake.

My friend Pokette  (Poke-ette) ran her second half marathon on Sunday. Her first was a few years ago. She ran it in under 2 hours. She's a bamf. And a K-State alumna, which counts for everything. I'm super super super proud of her. SUPER PROUD OF YOU, POKETTE! She invited me to run a full with her in April. I think Team Omaha has a new honorary member.

Speaking of half marathons, Karen is running in a halfie in the city this weekend. I can't wait to see that chick again. Super proud of her, too. SUPER PROUD OF YOU, KAREN!

I've run out of things to say again. See you soon!
-Michael Dean

No comments:

Post a Comment