Monday, May 24, 2010

Lifespeak.

I'm just going to start off by saying that I apologize in advance for the rambling and possibly hard-to-follow nature of this blog post. This blog post will be long-winded. This blog post will not be as light and humorous as other posts. This blog post has been a while coming, and I've just now worked up the gumption to lay this all out there.

Some of you will not be pleased. Some of you will be proud. Some of you will say, "What in the hell is this kid going on about?"

All I can say, in reference to your responses, is that I am a blogger, and bloggers blog. I am also a guy who has had a ridiculous amount of issues with decisiveness and my lack, thereof, and the fact that this blog is all about my decisiveness is a big deal for me.

Anyway, I think that's enough disclaimer for one blog post. On to the meat of the matter.

Firstly, I am going to address something I alluded to a few blog posts back: Emporia State University. If any of you follow me on Twitter, you may have seen the tweet a while back, but I am attending Emporia State this fall. Not K-State. This is something I've thought about for a LONG time, and haven't talked about with anyone, really. Some of the people I haven't told yet could feel really offended that I didn't ever mention it to them, but in all fairness, this was my decision to make, so I thought that keeping my own interests and thoughts in mind would be best. I didn't want to be swayed. 
There are a few reasons I am attending ESU this fall. Firstly, it is much more affordable than K-State, and when college tuition and fees come out of your own pocket, affordable is a very very big selling point. Secondly, and this may sound like complete cop-out and bullshit reason to some, and that's fine with me, but I was away from home for 3.5 years. I was more or less out on my own, doing my thing, meeting some awesome people, doing many amazing awesome things. This last semester at home has made me realize that it's time for me to come back home, at least for a while.  I've loved being away and experiencing so many things that I NEVER would have gotten to even dream about, had I stayed here at home for college, but I also have loved being back home.....


Actually, I don't need all of these rambling explanations. I have made my decisions, and they're pretty much concrete until May 2011. At the VERY least December 2010.

I'm attending Emporia State this fall, and maybe next spring. I intend to move out of my parents' house this December. I may completely change my major to something totally unexpected to you all, but something right at home for me. Like business administration.  Or secondary education. Only...not secondary education. I can't handle hormonal kids with attitudes. 


ANYWAY, that's my story, and I'm sticking to it. Like Bob Dylan said, the times, they are a-changin', and I'm a-changin' with them.

My brain is pretty much incapable of stringing together any more cognitive thought for the night, so I'm leaving this post open to questions and comments that I can answer in my next post, to cover anything I've missed. Until then, I'll see you in the funny pages.


Here's to new roads and happy endings........hopefully.

Hasta Luego :)

Michael Dean

1 comment:

  1. After I initially left a comment I appear to have clicked on the -Notify
    me when new comments are added- checkbox and now whenever a comment is added I receive four
    emails with the exact same comment. There has to be a means you can remove me from that service?
    Thanks!

    my weblog :: loan payday

    ReplyDelete