Sunday, May 16, 2010

Running Babble

Hey everyone! 

I'm just getting this out at the beginning: tonight's blog post is about running. If you don't want to read all of my sappy, ridiculous blathering about how amazing my run tonight was, just leave me a comment saying, "Michael, STFU and please start ruminating about stuff we care about now, please, thanks, appreciate it, bye."

If you're interested and/or curious to see what I'm going to say about how awesome I feel right now, by all means, continue reading. It only gets more positive and inspirational. :)

So today was a busy day. I woke up this morning, got around, and then played the "hurry up and wait" game for everyone else to get ready so we could go to Chase County for my cousin, Ashley's, high school graduation. Then we went back to my aunt and uncle's house for a while to chill, eat some DELICIOUS baked beans, went and visited my wonderful Golden Girls, Audrie and Kayla, came home, AND WENT ON A GLORIOUS AND AMAZING AND WONDERFULLY PERFECT RUN!!

You guys, I wish I could accurately articulate (five bonus points for awesome alliteration.....plus two more for two examples) the perfection of this run. It was absolutely euphoric. I was feeling great, I was positive, my iPod was rockin, and I just hit the road with a goal in mind, and that was it. I said that I was going to go run for 40 minutes.

Then I went out and ran for 40 minutes. 20 out and 20 back. I just...I'm not trying to beat a dead horse here, guys, but dang-a-lang. I started the run with a smile, because like I said, my iPod was just rockin. Halfway through my run, I was winded, but still feeling amazing. When my watch said "40:00" I was not only crossing the same line I started at (which means my pace was CONSISTENT WOO) but I was STILL smiling, and feeling wonderful.

I love runs like that, and I needed one, tonight.

I think that in order to make sure that I don't just ramble along with the same 4 sentences rephrased in every manner under the sun, I should just wind it down, now. It's my bedtime, anyway.

I'll be back tomorrow for another post that probably won't be (totally) about running. Until then, have an amazing night and a beautiful tomorrow.

Be thankful every day for what you've got, and don't forget to smile. :)

Michael Dean

No comments:

Post a Comment