Sunday, February 21, 2010

Deuces!

Well hey there!

I've finally done it. I've taken the step from "just legal" to "old man." I'm now 22 years old. The big 2-2. Deuces. How do I feel about it? What is my thought process at hitting this momentous age? What am I thinking?

It sucks. I hate it. I'm old.

Well, okay. I'm not old, but I feel old. 22 seems so much older than 21. It doesn't help that I'm wayyy behind where I planned on being, as far as my life is concerned. I'm supposed to be preparing for graduation and the "real world."

Instead, I'm lying on my bed in my parents' house on a mandatory hiatus from school. Job hunting like a fool and finding zilch. Oh, and apartment hunting. Blehhhhh. Life is just a bit stressful these days.

But, what doesn't kill us only makes us stronger, right? Right. Positive thinking is pretty much the key to my sanity these days. I stepped out of the box and added something to my life for Lent this year. A couple things, actually. At least one positive reassurance per day, and I'm going to start going to church again. I know that Lent is only for 40 days and nights, but I'd like to think that these little changes will soon become permanent additions to my daily life.

Especially the church thing. 

Religion and I have a very interesting relationship. Any of you who know me may be surprised, but I'm actually a very religious person. I just have a scholar's brain that forces me to learn, as well as believe. As a result, I have a very strong faith that is tempered with some fact-based knowledge. I don't want to say that my religious philosophy is right and anyone else's is wrong, but I like to think that I'm approaching this beautiful mystery of Christianity in an acceptable and logical manner. 

MAJOR SELF-ADMISSION TIME:

Actually, my faith is a big-time crutch for me. Any time things get stressful, and even any time they don't, I'm praying in some form or another. Whether it be for strength, guidance, or just as a reassurance that I'm not going through something alone, JC and I are tight like tigers.

Anyway, sorry for bringin' y'all down. And for using an apostrophe twice in a sentence, both times for the wrong reason. Let's get back on subject, shall we?

......Hmm...I've addressed everything that was in my brain, I think. Maybe.

Heck I don't know. Oh wait! I found something else to talk about.

I need a date. Not just any date. A fantastic, fun-loving, loves-to-dance-while-drinking date. A loves-to-dance-while-drinking-and-wearing-a-dress-and-maybe-boots date. I know the thought of a girl wearing a dress and boots at the same time can turn the stomachs of many a poor blog-reader, and I apologize. But this date is for a wedding. My friend Alison is getting married in a couple months, and the announcement I got in the mail this week said "Michael & Guest". That means...*dramatic chord* the pressure is on for a date. At least, it is in my head. 

This wouldn't be so bad if I weren't inept when it came to women. Don't get me wrong, I've had relationships and dates and stuff in the past, and I've got loads of friends who are girls, but when it comes to addressing a girl and asking her out, I'm as useless as a space heater on the 4th of July in Phoenix. 

Sorry, I like making those kinds of statements. It makes me feel complete and whole. And clever. Ha.

So if anyone has any suggestions for a date, or any suggestions as to how to land a date, my ears are more than open! :)

Aanyway, I think that's about all for this installment. Quick recap:
1) I'm old. 
2) I'm going back to church.
3) My crutches are cross-shaped.
4) Women make me wobble like a Jell-o mold on Labor Day. (Sorry, I couldn't help myself.)

And one last quick announcement: I think I'm going photo-ing this week. I'll be sure to post some of the best photos on here for your enjoyment.

Deuces, y'all! (Ha! Get it? Deuces! Haha...I'm such a nerd.)

Michael Dean

1 comment: