Monday, February 22, 2010

I Love The Flint Hills





And this picture is why. I found this picture tonight on flickr when I was doing my daily perusal of the site. I fell in love with it straight away. This photo embodies everything that I love about the Flint Hills all at once. The old loading chute, the grass, the hills, the huge sky, and the sunset. Good Lord the sunset. Sunsets in the Flint Hills have a beauty that can rival a sunset anywhere else in the world.

The only thing that could make this photo more beautiful would be green grass. I can live without it, though. I've saved this photo to my computer. Not to use for anything, but just to look at on days like Saturday when it's freezing cold and snowy. It just makes me 17 different kinds of happy.

That's all I really have to say tonight. I just figured I would share a bit of what makes me happy with the rest of you. Enjoy!

By the way, this photo isn't mine, nor do I claim it to be. It's property of a flickr user named earlycj5, and the photo link is right here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/earlycj5/3335363813/in/set-72157622279299642 . The user's photostream link is right here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/earlycj5/ . I encourage you to check out his stuff. It's pretty neat.

Anyway, I'll most likely be back tomorrow with a "real" blog. I think I might have an actual topic. Get excited!

Have a great night and an even better day!

Michael Dean

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the kind words about my work!

    It's easy when you have something like the Flint Hills to work with, you know.

    I'm jonesing for some green grass of spring myself, some burning, and some more prairie flowers, myself.

    ReplyDelete