Sunday, July 18, 2010

Unearthly.

That's the adjective for the time that my alarm is set for in the morning. 4:15 a.m.

It's going to be so hot this week that Uncle Bossman made the executive decision that work will start at 5:15 this week, instead of 6:30, like normal. I mean, 6:30 is plenty early, but 5:15? Almost obscene. Buh. 

So anyway, I spent today being totally unproductive. I watched Lonesome Dove. That's pretty much it. It's a 6-hour miniseries. There's not much else you can do, when you spend a day watching that movie. I love that movie. The all-star cast, the acting, the plot...it's all fantastic. It's my favorite movie of all time. Seriously.

Right now, I'm blogging. I should be sleeping, but it's still daylight outside. I can't do it. I just...I can't. Buh. This is just not conducive to the way I want my life to be going. I want to be back in school. Now more than ever. Just a few weeks to go....

In other news....I made a bet. With LJ. If she read all 7 HP books, I'd....I'd read all 4 Twilight books....and see the movies. Well, I'm not sure that she's started reading yet, but I have. I bought Twilight last week. I'm on page 22. I'm less hateful towards the story than I used to be. Now I'm officially neutral. That's about all I have to say about that.

It's 9:01 right now, and I know that I should be sleeping. But...I'm not even in bed yet. I'm watching the Cooking Channel. Go figure.

Earlier, I was planning on a relatively lengthy post about lifestuffs, but right now all I can think about is how early my alarm is going off tomorrow morning. It's pretty much consuming my entire life.

Depressed in Kansas,
M-Diddy.

5 comments:

  1. My first job out of college required me to get up at 3:30am. Every morning. While your body NEVER gets used to that, you do start finding it possible to fall asleep while it's still light out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 4:45 is just as horrible. Cody and I get up and do Breakfast in Mahattan before we have to journey back (me to Lawrence and him to Hillsboro) for work. Lameness!!!!

    P.S. The weekend was awesome and just where in the hell were you? You should have crashed a wedding or something ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't ask me why I capitalized Breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well you didn't respond to my facebook post, so I'll ask here! What do you think of Twilight NOW?? Amy says you're hooked!? yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wow. This book is fantastic! It takes you on the wild adventure of Clara's life. Being not only a teenager (which in YA books basically guarantees an adventure/angst filled wild ride) but part angel also! The whole story revolves around her 'purpose' (the one thing she was born to do as an angel). But as everyone knows and has experienced, life can get complicated in a big way, and especially for a teenage angel with a purpose and involved in a love triangle.

    ReplyDelete