Monday, July 5, 2010

Word Vomit Weekend Recap

Good evening, all!

So here's the skinny: I have an IRRESISTIBLE urge to blog, but I have zero clue what I'm going to say. So let's just close our eyes, hang on tight, and see where this post takes us, eh? Sweet! Let's go!

I do remember that I promised you a weekend recap, so let me get that out of the way in the beginning.

Thursday night: Glebo* with the Golden Sisters. I love the Golden Sisters. They're sisters, and they're golden, only not in age, just in complexion and personality. Sister One and I cooked a delicious supper for Sister Two and Husband One. In case you were wondering, Husband One is married to Sister Two, and didn't show up until AFTER supper was made and devoured, but don't worry, we saved him some. What was for supper? Well we were originally planning on some stuffed chicken breasts coated in bread crumbs and pan-fried with a side of cheesy potatoes. What happened was a side of cheesy potatoes topped with seasoned (and delectably crunchy) bread crumbs, corn on the cob, (Drool. Die. Yum-o. Help me, Rhonda, I love corn on the cob.) and pan-fried/seared chicken breasts topped with a spinach cream sauce that was actually just canned Alfredo sauce, frozen baby spinach, and a little help from Dr. Spice Rack. Sounds dicey, but was in fact quite tasty. All in all, the supper was a total success, and Sister Two got to sit at the bar and booze up while Sister One and I ran around the kitchen like lunatics. Seriously, the three of us together: nuttier than squirrel poo.  Anyway, Sister Two sobered up during supper, Husband One came home, Sister One peaced out, and Sister Two, Husband One and Blogger Three (What, I can't be Blogger Three? We already have Sister One and Husband One, how repetitive and redundant would it be to have Blogger One? Actually, I guess you're right. It wouldn't be repetitive OR redundant because while there would be another "Insert Title Here One" in this blog, since the title isn't...you know what? I don't remember where I was going with this, so I'm just going to close the parentheses and continue with the weekend recap. Aaaaand SCENE.) decided to hang out and talk and then take a drive out to Husband One's parents' new house, which is in the process of being constructed. Let me tell you, it was a wonderful night. Then Blogger Three decided that it was time to go home and not fall asleep, but waste a few hours tossing and turning and killing brain cells on the Internet. Because that's what Blogger Three does. 

Friday: Haircut Day. I love Haircut Day. Like, LOVE. A lot. Hahaha alot. Now, thanks to my blog creeping, any time I see "a lot" or "alot" or even HEAR the phrase in conversation, I, like my dear new friend-I've-never-met, The Trophy Wife, think of this. By the way, shout out to the Trophy Wife: if you think you've met your Jack, you ain't seen nothin' yet. I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin. Keep that in mind. Anyway, after my haircut, I made a Starbucks run and went to see Sister One at work. Several hours later (yeah, I was at the Touch for several hours. What of it?) I went into work at the booze depot. I got off work at 9:00. Then, it was wine night. Oh man, and was it EVER wine night. We (a bunch of friends, including 1/3 of Team Omaha and her Southern Beau, AB and The Other Michael, Sister Two and Husband One and Big D and Molly) all got together at Sister One's house and commenced boozing. Granted, they had all gotten started before I showed up, but hey, I can't begrudge them their good time. Anyway, at the end of the night, 3 girls had polished off 7 bottles of wine (that's 2.33333333333333333 bottles per girl, in case you were wondering) and us guys had finished our fair share of beer. Then, after some boozy (but still EXTREMELY awesome and meaningful) lifespeak with Sister One, I cashed out on her couch.

Saturday: Sister One refused to let me wake up with my alarm (I have a thing about setting the alarm. It's much like my list-making and other stupid AR/OCD tendencies) so we both kinda woke up at our own time, which happened to be around the same time. I feel like this is a good time to tell you that Team Omaha decided the night before that the 7-mile run on Saturday morning would wait until Sunday. Apparently 7 bottles of wine and a river of beer makes running 7 miles a little tougher. Who knew. Anyway, Sister One and I were kinda bummin' around for a bit, and then we decided to go to breakfast at Village Inn. Summary: food was to die for, waitress didn't get a tip. THEN we went and saw Sister Two at the Touch. Love me some Sister Two. THEN we went back to Sister One's so I could shower and de-grossify before I went back to the booze depot for work at 1. Then I worked for 8 hours. Woop. THEN I went BACK to Sister One's to pick up my beer from the night before. Then I went to Wal-Mart and bought new wiper blades for Junior the Tahoe. Is this getting too detailed for you? Paraphrase? Eh? Well, I ended up hanging out with Sister Two all night and having some amazingly meaningful and awesome lifespeak time with HER, while at the same time driving her new Stang and laughing hysterically at a drunk Husband One. Then I went home, took a Melatonin, went to sleep HARD CORE, and had some wicked crazy dreams. I think one of them involved a dinosaur.

Sunday: When I say that I slept HARD CORE, I mean, I don't think I even moved during the night. For like, 9 hours. I TOTALLY slept through my alarm(s) and missed that 7-miler I mentioned earlier. Fortunately for me, Sister One was just super glad I actually got some sleep. I think I may have had her worried with my elevated stress levels and decreased sleepytimes. You'd have to ask her, though. Anyway, since there was lots of rain yesterday (HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA, by the way) our family plans kinda fizzled out like a wet firecracker. So I was going to go over to Sister Two's and chill with her and Husband One and Sister One and The Pack O'Friends that go along with them. What ACTUALLY happened was something different, but the same, but still different, and awesome. Sister One texted me and asked me to go to Bruff's with her for lunch. I totally accepted. So we went to lunch. We had burgers and bloody marys. My first one ever, and boy howdy was that thing pepperyyyy. Like, holy toledo. I was DRINKING the ranch dressing that came with my fries to cool that fire. Needless to say, I'm going to order a bloody mary at every bar I go to from here on out, because 1) I need to know that not all bloody marys require a Tums garnish in addition to the olives and lime, and 2) I love spicy things. Then, after our extended lunch (we were there for a good hour and a half) and some awesome convo with our waitress/friend, whom I will call Delilah, just because I can, we decided to head over to Glebo and Sister Two and Husband One's abode for some chill/booze time. Sister One also convinced me to rent Remember Me, that Robert Pattinson movie that WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE YOU HAVE TO WATCH IT OMG. So anyway, to kinda condense Sunday's happenings into something more manageable (because I am obv all about condensing things into manageable and non-brain-popping lengths of text) there was some boozing, loads of laughing, some shock and awe due to that blasted movie, and rain. Oh, and fireworks. And rain. And a crusty tattoo. Yech. Then, Sister One and I decided it was time to go home. So we went home, and then I slept. A lot.

Monday: Unproductive. As. Shit. 

So hey that's my weekend! Now I'm trying to think if there's anything ELSE I want to ramble about tonight. Right now I'm coming up blank, but that doesn't rule out some more word puke later on, tonight. The night is young, after all.

Until next time, stay smilin'!

Jimmy Dean, The Sausage King.

That's my new nickname. Deal with it.

*Glebo = Glee-watching party in Lebo. Glebo. Learn it. Love it.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like lots of fun. I love the Golden Sisters too. You three make me wish I lived in Emporia. And that's saying something! :) Love that you are embracing the nickname, it made me giggle. And thanks for the shout out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where was my invited for this wine nite with AB AND SOUTHER BELLE.....guess you're not cool once you get married

    ReplyDelete
  3. your haircut day obsession is weird. but i love you nonetheless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ya know what, Robin K Kleine? I'd be willing to bed any guy you ask (any well-groomed guy, that is) would be just as excited about haircut day as I am.

    If they're not, then....they need less excitement in their lives, so they can be just as excited about haircut day as I am. :)

    ReplyDelete